2017 Skate La Grande competition dates are June 30th – July 2nd. The registration system (EntryEeze) for 2017 Skate La Grande is now open!
The competition includes:
- IJS scoring for Levels Pre-Preliminary thru Senior, Adult Bronze thru Gold & Masters
- Icemen Designated Competition
- New events this year: Jumps, Spins, and Interpretive
IMPORTANT: Please register your spot in the competition by May 29th. As soon as your figure skating club makes 2017-18 memberships available please renew. Valid 2017-2018 membership will be required and verified to compete on July 1st & 2nd.
We wish to thank all the Officials, Competitors, SDIA and Volunteers who participated in the 2016 Skate La Grande competition making it successful for another year!!!
The schedule as of 7/5/2016 has been posted here on Schedule page. Alternatively, you can view schedule on EntryEeze (look for link to “View Online Schedule”).
We apologize for any inconvenience these corrections have caused. Thank You for your patience.
|Area (s)||New Requirement / Statement
|Beginner / High Beginner well balanced program content:|
|Connecting moves and steps should be demonstrated throughout the program
|Pre-Preliminary Showcase / No Test Showcase|
|Beginner Showcase / High Beginner Showcase|
Skate La Grande Competition is excited to provide IJS scoring for Levels Pre-Preliminary thru Senior, Adult Gold & Masters again this year.
NEW THIS YEAR: Adult Bronze & Adult Silver Free Skate levels will also use IJS Scoring! This could be very useful to those adult skaters who are participating in ISU Adult Figure Skating competition in Vancouver at end of August.
Also NEW THIS YEAR, Skate La Grande has added several Basic Skills Events and Coach’s Contests:
BASIC SKILLS EVENTS:
- Basic Program Snowplow Sam – Basic 8
- Basic Elements Snowplow Sam – Basic 8
- Free Skate 1-6 Program Event
- Free Skate 1-6 Compulsory Elements
- Showcase Basic 1-8
- Showcase Free Skate 1-6
TWO COACHES CONTESTS – for the Most Skaters!!!
- The three non-SDFSC coaches (coaches NOT from San Diego Figure Skating Club) with the most skaters entered in the competition will receive gift cards as a special Thank You for supporting our competition. 1st Place – $50 gift card, 2nd Place – $30 gift card, 3rd Place – $20 gift card.
- The three San Diego Figure Skating Club coaches with the most skaters entered in the competition will receive gift cards as a special Thank You for supporting our competition. 1st Place – $50 gift card, 2nd Place – $30 gift card, 3rd Place – $20 gift card.